January 31, 2013

On relationship


No, I'm not writing this to brag to you guys that I now have a girlfriend. It's just an overflow of feeling I've felt for a month and a half.

And yes! I'm finally writing something that everyone could relate to. Okay, if you're still in grade school, maybe not for you. Why are you here? Go watch Spongebob or play some Lego. Or Barbie. Whatever.

If you know me in real life, I'm sure you know I'm not exactly the sweetest guy when it comes to talking. I have had a sharp tongue ever since I was a kid. 'Oh you just bumped your elbow hard on a table? Must have sucked being the table,' was something I spouted ever since I was 10 years old. So yes, sweet talk has never been my strong point.

So many things changed when I got into this relationship though.

It's like an out-of-body experience, really. I could see myself from across the room right as I say sweet, corny words. It's weird, it feels so out of place, yet it feels comforting. The single me a few months ago would have puked if he had heard the sweet and corny words I'm uttering. The single me a few months ago would have rolled his eyes if he saw me taking pictures with my face so close to hers.

One day, she asked me, "Why me? Why not someone else? I mean, you could have found yourself someone prettier, someone smarter, someone more attractive. Someone 'better' than me. Why me?"

I was dumbfounded. Why her? I could feel me googling my brain, asking 'Hey, why her?' and so many answers came up. Instead I shut up and answered her, "Just because." She seemed not pleased with my answer. So I racked up my brain and searched for other answers.

I kept thinking, and the more I thought, the more answers I came up with. Even by the second, my brain kept piling up reasons why I chose her. It was then when I realized that I liked her (and yes, I have some sort of phobia with the word 'love,' hence the absence of the word 'love' in my writings) and chose her because of so many little things. There was no ONE big reason why I fell for her. I fell for her because of all the little things that made her, her. She is funny, she is cute, the way she didn't put on makeup on our first date, the way she spent fifteen minutes pondering about what drink to order, the way she tickles me, the way she smiles at me shyly when I look at her, the way she thinks before spending money, the way she thinks my fat stomach is a drum that she could tap on, the fact that she actually thinks about her future, the fact that she gives her all in everything she does... And the list went on.

Here is something to think about. I actually think the saying "You don't need a reason to love someone," is bullshit. You need reasons to love someone and you need a million of them. You love someone not only because they are beautiful. You love someone not only because they're rich. You love someone not only because they are funny. You don't love someone because of ONE big reason, you love someone because of all the little things that made them, them. So even if one thing changes from them, you would still love them because you still have 999,999 reasons to love them.

Actually, right before I wrote this, one of my friends asked me, "On a scale of one to ten, how does your girlfriend score?"

To which I promptly answered, "8. I guess..."

"Not 10?"

"Not yet. But one day, maybe she would be my ten. Maybe."

5 comments:

  1. the way she thinks my fat stomach is a drum that she could tap on

    awwwwwww

    ReplyDelete
  2. cieileeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    awwwww

    ReplyDelete
  3. koko kent ganteng.......................

    ReplyDelete

Your feedbacks keep me writing. Literally. I'd LOVE to hear your thoughts!