April 13, 2012

Dear Mom,

Attention. The above woman is not my mom.

Dear Mom,

How are you doing? It's been so long since I last met you. I miss you. I really do. I might not show it by looking for you 24/7, but today I miss you a little bit more than I did yesterday, and a bit less than I will tomorrow.

Being away from you sucks. Big time. I miss your cooking, I miss your hugs, I miss your kisses (on the cheek. I don't have oedipus complex, mind you), – and as corny as this might sound – I miss everything about you.

I remember a time when I shunned you. I don't know who started it, I think it's because we wanted to look more mature than we actually were. But in grade school, if you are a guy, being seen with your mom simply wasn't cool. Looking back, I think it's really dumb. You carried me for nine months (or ten months? Sorry mom, I'm not that smart in Biology), and I replied by feeling embarrassed every time I was seen holding your hands. What a good son I was.

Now that I'm so far from you, I can't even find the right words to tell you how I feel about you. Which is why I'm writing this right now. Because some feelings are too heavy for words, and some words too thick for air.

Dear mom, you're amazing and I love you so much.

P.S. If you're reading this and your mom is nearby, just stop reading for a second and hug her (if she's not nearby, just cyber hug her). Tell her how much of a jerk you had been in your life. Tell her how much you love her, and how you will always do. Please tell her how amazing she is.

5 comments:

  1. Kent, this is beautiful. Thank you so much for writing this! Made me realize more how much I love my mum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tia! And yes, we should love our moms more :)

      Delete
  2. keep on writing, dude. you are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. one day i'll look for a way to show this to your mom! or has she seen it?

    ReplyDelete

Your feedbacks keep me writing. Literally. I'd LOVE to hear your thoughts!