March 5, 2012

proh-kras-tuh-ney-shuhn

I should be doing my homework. I should be doing laundry. I should be taking out the trash. What should you be doing?

I bought this book like, a year ago, and I haven't even opened it once. Oh, the irony.

Procrastination [proh-kras-tuh-ney-shuhn] (noun): 
  1. In psychology, procrastination refers to the act of replacing high-priority or important actions with tasks of lower priority, or doing something from which one derives enjoyment, and thus putting off important tasks to a later time.
  2. See kent.

So yeah. I procrastinate. And I do it a lot. I have been trying to fix that habit. Of course, with no result. (Else I would be doing my homework and laundry, taking my trash out before writing this post) 

However, as dumb as it might sound, procrastination has its own perks. Here are some that I could think of straight away.
  1. In some rare cases which what you have to do gets cancelled (ie. you don't have to do it anymore), you actually save time compared to those early worms. Just remember, the early bird gets the worm, the late worms get to live.
  2. You actually do it in less time than those who do it as soon as possible (at the price of the quality of your work).
  3. And as Steven Wright says: Hard work pays off in the future, but laziness pays off now. If you  procrastinate, you get to do whatever you want to do now (be it blogging or even watching Gossip Girl on Mondays) instead of later.
Those are some perks to procrastination, but of course there are like 859126349812391 disadvantages to being lazy. I am an astute believer that it's okay to be lazy as long as you get the job done.

So yeah, every time you feel guilty about being lazy, remember that laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired. Oh God, I'm getting kinda sleepy now. I'll go to sleep, and you should be doing whatever you want to do. Except if you're reading my blog (which, of course, you are), in which case, just ignore whatever you should be doing and continue reading. :)

2 comments:

  1. nice start on your blog! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear Anonymous!

      I look forward to this kind of comments to keep me posting. :D

      Delete

Your feedbacks keep me writing. Literally. I'd LOVE to hear your thoughts!